Electrical Muscle Stimulation
Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) is a popular, non-invasive treatment that has been used for decades. EMS use has been on the rise lately as many are discovering the benefits of this exciting therapy. EMS can be a powerful tool for building strength, rehabilitating injuries, and even preventing the spread of immobilization. TeslaMax™ is truly the cutting edge in electrical muscle stimulation technology, providing unique benefits over many competitors in the field. We here at Structural Based Therapy pride ourselves in offering the best and most advanced treatment options available for our patients.
Electrical muscle stimulation sends high-frequency electric signals into muscles and tissues to soothe and relieve pain. When you begin this treatment, electrodes are placed on the skin where the pain is. If you have a shoulder problem, for instance, they would be placed there. Current is then transmitted into your skin. There are two electrodes, and they actually send two signals into your skin. They interfere or interact with each other to stimulate the nerves and tissues deep under the skin. Nerves are stimulated, as well as muscle tissue, and that can speed up the healing process. It feels like a minor prick or a tickle, and is not painful at all. These electronic impulses also cause the body to produce endorphins, which is a chemical that makes you feel good and reduces pain.
They key to this treatment is the depth at which it operates in your body. it is not treating just the area under the electrode patches. The two frequencies create a single frequency which is what causes the stimulation that results in healing. The frequencies can also be adjusted to go even deeper when needed.
TeslaMax™ EMS Can Be Used For
- Pain management
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Treatment of neuromuscular dysfunction
- Improved range of joint movement, mobility and motion
- Inducing tissue repair
- Resolving acute and chronic edema
- Increasing blood flow
- Improved circulation and delivery of pharmaceuticals
- Urine and fecal incontinence
- Better capillary circulation
What is Peripheral Neuropathy?
Neuropathy is weakness, shooting pain, tingling, numbness, and sensitivity that occurs as a result of nerve damage. Peripheral means “on the outside” and peripheral neuropathy refers to neuropathy that affects the nerves carrying information from the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system) out to the rest of the body. Peripheral neuropathy often begins in the feet and hands, and moves inward as it progresses.
How do Neuropathy Patients Benefit from Tesla-Based Technology?
Improved Local Circulation – The Tesla-Based Technology in TeslaMax uses a proprietary form of electrical stimulation that can target even the deepest muscle fibers, creating strong muscle contractions throughout the treated area. These muscle contractions increase local blood flow so that damages nerves can get the oxygen and glucose they so badly need. One of the ways muscle contractions increase blood flow is by squeezing against nearby arteries and veins. This pushes oxygen-rich blood into surrounding tissues and moves de-oxygenated blood back to the heart.
Improved Lymphatic Drainage – Normally, our bodies rely on the small muscle contractions we make throughout the day to move lymph out of tissues and into and through the lymph vessels. For some patients, however, the lymphatic system is not working properly due to certain health conditions, the use of some medications, or limited physical activity. Edema is often the result, and nerve damage can follow. Tesla-Based Technology gets lymph moving again with ultra deep yet totally comfortable muscle contractions.
Nerve Stimulation – The Tesla-Based Technology in the TeslaMax not only stimulates muscles, but nerves too. Transcutaneous (across the skin) nerve stimulation has shown promise in aiding nerve repair after nerve injury via increased circulation. It has also been shown to help with neuropathy pain by blocking pain signals to the brain and triggering the release of pain-inhibiting neurotransmitters.
Benefits of TeslaMax™
Patients who undergo treatment with TeslaMax™ EMS can experience many benefits, including but not limited to:
- Decreased recovery time for auto, sports, and work injuries
- Decreased rehab time
- Diagnosis of muscle imbalances
- Diagnosis of sub-clinical problem areas
- Enhanced use of therapist time
- Faster post-surgical rehabilitation
- Increased gait and balance to seniors and balance disorders
- Increased patient compliance to exercise programs
- Improved athletic performance
- Improved health and strength for seniors or home health patients
- Improved muscle tone and balancing
- Improved patient compliance for physical therapy
- Improved recovery from strokes and other debilitating nero-musculo-skeletal disorder
- Maintenance of muscle tone, post-casting
- Quadriplegics/paraplegics and post-stroke rehabilitation
- Reduction and prevention of fibrosis of scar tissue from accident, injury, or surgery
- Regeneration of small blood vessels, nerves, and tissue secondary to neuropathic damage
Schedule an appointment TODAY to find out whether TeslaMax™ Electrical Muscle Stimulation is the ideal solution for you!
Learn more about TeslaMax™ in these great resources!